- The program will run two half day sessions, with a maximum of 18 students in each class.
- The Universal Pre-Kindergarten class will have one full-time teacher and one full-time teacher aide.
will provide transportation. Fillmore Central School
- All children who will be four years old will be eligible for the program. The child’s birth date must fall within the state designated parameters.
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten applications will be distributed in May of the prior school year.
o The application will consist of:
§ An entrance form
§ A request for transportation
§ A social history
§ A health form
§ A physical completed by a physician
§ Immunization records
§ A birth certificate
§ A home language questionnaire
§ A homeless student identification form
- All applications must be received by
by August 1 of the new school year. Fillmore Central School
- Parent request for either the morning or afternoon sessions will be honored, if possible, but they are not guaranteed.
- Out of district Universal Pre-Kindergarten students may be accepted into the program if there are not 36 district student applications on August 1.
o Non-resident students must file a non-resident application with the Superintendent and be accepted to be eligible for the program.
- In the event that more than 36 Universal Pre-Kindergarten Applications are returned to the district, a lottery system will be implemented to identify the students in the program.
- The Universal Pre-Kindergarten lottery will be drawn on August 2 of the new school year. The lottery will be held on the following Monday if August 2 falls on a holiday or weekend.
- The lottery process:
o The names of every applicant will be written on a paper and submitted to a container that is not see-through.
o Student names will be drawn from the container until the 36 student slots are filled.
- In the event that there are more than 36 applications, no child is guaranteed a spot in the program, including students with disabilities or the children of faculty or staff members.
- In the event that more than 36 applications are received, the names of the additional applicants will be drawn and identified on a preferred wait list in the order the children are drawn from the container.
- In the event each session has 18 students, any additional applicants will be added to a preferred waitlist.
- The Universal Pre-Kindergarten Coordinator will retain information on the preferred waitlist.
- As required by Universal Pre-Kindergarten regulations, all students will participate in a screening and outcome assessment to evaluate the impact of the program.
will use the DIAL-3 for the pre- and post- assessment to measure student growth. Fillmore Central School
- Each student will also participate in a speech screening to identify any potential articulation or language issues.
- Parents will be notified of any potential difficulties identified through the district assessment.
- Referrals to the Committee on Preschool Special Education will be made if determined necessary by the teacher, parent, and evaluator.
- Early literacy is the foundation for the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program.
will use numerous resources to accomplish academic tasks. Fillmore Central School
- The Letter People curriculum will be implemented for early literacy skills.
- Hands-on math and science materials are being purchased to integrate with the concept or letter of the week presented in the Letter People Curriculum.